Beginning in 2010, Drew and his brother-in-law Troy wondered if they could make a natural drink taste just as delicious as homemade iced tea, but without a mountain of sugar and artificial ingredients. Fast forward six years, they had their globally protected natural sweetener blend perfected, becoming Australia’s favourite Naturally Sugar Free Brand in 2021.
Wanting to increase organic traffic and revenue, Nexba partnered with Online Marketing Gurus in February 2021 to deliver an SEO strategy. This strategy focused on optimising Nexba’s keyword strategy, and quality of content, along with fixing technical issues that were present as a result of a website migration.
Our Gurus engineered an integrated marketing strategy to maintain and build up competitive SERP results through monthly link building and continual Google health checks. The goal was to improve page rankings and organic traffic, and optimise keyword strategy to increase the amount of qualified leads and organic ROI.
Upon onboarding, together with Nexba, we identified three initial priorities: to maintain top rankings during website migration, to drive traffic to the site through valuable content, and to optimise content on key category pages with keyword-rich copy.
Focusing on these priorities Online Marketing Gurus enabled the sugar-free beverage company to gather more organic traffic through more qualified leads, thereby achieving their long term goal of increasing their organic ROI.
Strategy & Execution
Post site-migration, our Gurus knew they had a lot to do to resurrect the organic results Nexba were previously accustomed to. By expanding on current blog content, improving the overall site structure to incorporate more internal linking, and fixing technical issues, OMG was able to help the sugar-free drink brand increase:
- Organic revenue by 256% YoY
- Organic transactions by 170% YoY (from 94 to 254)
- Organic non-branded clicks by 79% YoY (from 5.74K to 9.81K)
- Organic non-branded impressions by 267% YoY (from 313K to 1.15M)
- Organic assisted conversions by 421% YoY (from 84 to 438)
From our initial audit of the Nexba site, Online Marketing Gurus uncovered content issues that, when optimised, would help Nexba score more visibility for the keywords they were after. By aligning copy such as website content, meta descriptions and page titles, our SEO Gurus were able to help Nexba:
- Increase keywords in positions 1-3 by 200% (from 41 to 123)
- Increase keywords in positions 4-10 by 251% (from 86 to 302)
- Increase the ‘sugar free kombucha’ keyword from p9 to p1 (search volume 1,300)
- Increase the ‘sugar free drinks’ keyword from p47 to p4 (search volume 5,400)
- Increase the ‘natural drinks’ keyword from p47 to p10 (search volume 30)