Cake Mail is an online cake delivery service that offers customers same-day quick delivery across Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane & Gold Coast. With cakes ranging from chocolate, vanilla and gluten-free cakes (to name a few), Cake Mail have cakes for every occasion.
Cake Mail came to Online Marketing Gurus back in July 2020, wanting to turbo-charge their organic visibility and their overall SEO results. Our Gurus engineered an integrated marketing strategy to accelerate and improve SEO visibility across Cake Mail’s key product ranges. We wanted to target locations with the goal to maximise reach within the online cake delivery space, and drive organic traffic and sales across key markets (i.e. Sydney and Melbourne).
Our talented team of Gurus, delved deep into an SEO and Website audit to identify any content gaps and technical issues with the site. From our comprehensive analysis, OMG uncovered some key issues that needed rectifying asap: including poor keyword depth across key product ranges, poor domain authority with a low number of referring domains, and a lack of content on product pages.
Strategy & Execution
Wanting to increase organic visibility within the competitive online cake delivery vertical, Online Marketing Gurus outlined a strategy to elevate Cake Mail’s organic rankings. Nothing tastes better than incredible organic wins, and within a 2 year period, we were able to help Cake Mail increase:
- First Page Visibility by 653%
- Organic Traffic by 113% YoY
- Organic Goal Completions by 94% YoY
- Domain Authority by 114% (from 7 to 15)
- Referring Domains by 149% (from 65 to 162)
Prioritising Cake Mail’s key service areas in Sydney and Melbourne, we helped expand their on-site content and implemented FAQ and schema markup to rank for more keywords on Google and gain more real estate on the search engine results page. Over a period of 2 years, we were able to help the online cake delivery business score some mouth-watering keyword results such as:
- Position #1 for ‘cake delivery sydney’ (SV: 110)
- Position #1 for ‘cake delivery melbourne’ (SV: 8,100)
- Position #1 for ‘birthday cake delivery’(SV: 5,400)
- Position #1 for ‘same-day cake delivery’ (SV: 590)
- 710% increase in Sydney-based product terms (from 19 to 154)
- 135% increase in Melbourne-based product terms (from 37 to 87)