Established in 2013, Alpha Medical Solutions is a 100% Australian-owned and operated healthcare supplier for all your Medical Supplies including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Incontinence Products, Cleaning Supplies and unique and revolutionary products Australia-wide.
Through our initial audit of their website (valued at $4,000), we found a large volume of unoptimised metadata across the site, which is a primary ranking factor and therefore needed to be attended to immediately. We resolved and continue to manage this issue with monthly KWM documents across the site to optimise each category and subcategory.
Additionally, in the Medical industry having optimised content is critical as it allows us to grow our backlinks & referring domains which are linked to other relevant healthcare-related websites. This is due to Google seeing these sites as “more important” than sites without any of these backlinks. We found several of the site’s category pages contained a low word-count and were not optimised effectively for a wide range of relevant of keywords. Our approach involved leveraging category, FAQ’s, product & blog content.
Furthermore, Alpha Medical were not utilising schema markup strategies in order to acquire more real estate across search engines. We implemented relevant schemas across the site, such as “Organization” “LocalBusiness”, and current “Product” schema, and included “MedicalDevice” on relevant products.
Strategy & Execution
After identifying competitors within the medical vertical and assessing how Alpha Medical Solutions compares, within 12 months since onboarding we saw unbelievable results through SEO. To note, OMG helped increase:
- Organic revenue by 575% YoY
- Organic visits by 193% YoY
- Organic conversions by 435% YoY
- Domain authority in a highly competitive niche by 91% (12 to 23)
- Organic checkouts by 435% YoY
Over the span of 12 months, Alpha Medical Solutions has seen many improvements with their keyword rankings. These increased rankings allow Alpha Medical Solutions to appear for more relevant queries, leading to more traffic to the site as we appear for something relevant To note, OMG helped:
- Increase the number of keywords in the top 3 positions by 575%
- Rank #1 for ‘hospital grade hand sanitiser’ (search volume: 1,300)
- Rank #3 for ‘syringes and needles’ (search volume: 4,400)
- Rank #4 for ‘medical moisturiser’ & ‘hospital moisturiser’ (baseline 100)
- Rank #8 for ‘medical supplies’ (search volume: 110,000)