Kitchens on Kent, located in the heart of Sydney, is Australia’s first fine-dining meets luxury buffet-style restaurant, offering an interactive buffet experience for any occasion. From the best of international flavours, to dazzling desserts, there is something for all guests to savour and enjoy.
Wanting to acquire more local organic traffic and revenue from “buffet” related leads, the restaurant reached out to Online Marketing Gurus for help in October 2019. After a thorough audit of their link profile, competitors, content, and technical, we discovered that a lot of top-level service pages were lacking optimised content which meant the site had lots of room for improvement.
Our onboarding process outlined the long-term goals of increasing organic leads, backlinks and organic traffic. By focusing on lead generation, the luxury buffet restaurant aimed to accelerate organic growth through increased buffet bookings.
From this, our Gurus implemented an SEO strategy that featured optimising the restaurant’s gallery page to add more content to the site, Google My Business (GMB) optimisation, high-quality link building, and fixing technical issues to improve user website experience. The goal was to be top of Google’s SERPs for ‘best buffet in Sydney”, “Best celebration restaurant in Sydney” and similar long-tail keywords.
Strategy & Execution
Our Gurus delivered an integrated SEO strategy aiming to supercharge the restaurant’s organic visibility by prioritising high-quality link building. This strategy included implementing new content on the Kitchen’s on Kent website. Within 12 months, OMG was able to increase:
- Organic Traffic by 192% YoY (from 202 to 590)
- Organic Users by 65% YoY (from 15,269 to 25,207)
- Organic new users by 59.83% YoY (from 14,259 to 22,790)
- Domain Rating from 12 to 27 (127% increase)
- Referring Domains from 26 to 206 (692% increase)
Prioritising Kitchens on Kent’s Sydney location, Online Marketing Gurus helped expand on their on-site content and optimised their GMB profile to appear for more local queries, and gain more real estate on the search engine results page. Within the space of 12 months, we were able to help the Sydney-based luxury buffet score some mouth-watering keyword results such as:
- 74% increase in keywords p1-3 (from 27 to 47)
- 49% increase in keywords p4-10 (from 84-170)
- Increasing the ‘buffet dinner’ keyword from rank #100 to p2 → search volume: 480
- Increasing the ‘buffet Sydney’ keyword from rank #100 to p2 → search volume: 4,400
- Increasing the ‘best buffet in Sydney’ keyword from rank #100 to p8 → search volume: 1,300