Guru’s Guide February
Bard: Google’s Answer To Microsoft Edge & ChatGPT – Mike Lee
Every so often, there are new players that enter the market with disruptive technologies, causing shifts in industries and forcing businesses large and small alike, to adapt.
Google & search is no exception to this, recently introducing Bard in response to Microsoft Edge & Bing’s partnership with Chat GPT.
Like ChatGPT, Bard is an AI-powered conversational service aimed at simplifying complex topics and providing quick and accurate responses. Bard is a combination of Google’s language models and the breadth of knowledge available on the web, providing users with easy-to-understand information. Google has emphasised that Bard is experimental and will be continuously tested for quality and speed.
At OMG we are well-versed in search with the evolving landscape and are constantly learning and testing new AI technologies. With the current environment and our expert opinion we advise against diving headfirst into AI-generated content, as Google may be able to detect it in the future – which may have negative impacts on your rankings.
Microsoft & Open AI’s Partnership – What It Means For Advertisers – Paul Rouillon
Advertisers are exploring ways to further leverage the Bing Network following the news of Microsoft’s partnership with Bing.
We’re excited to see what this partnership may bring, in terms of advancements in AI technology, to Bing’s search algorithms and user experience. Open AI’s expertise in natural language processing and machine learning may help Bing understand search queries better and provide more accurate results. Additionally, the collaboration could bring innovative features to Bing, such as more personalised and conversational search experiences – all big developments for advertisers!
Here are some potential ways that their partnership could change Bing for advertisers:
- Improved relevance and accuracy of search results: Open AI has a reputation for developing advanced natural language processing algorithms that can help Bing deliver more relevant and accurate search results. This could be beneficial for advertisers, as it would enable them to reach a more targeted audience and improve the ROI of their advertising campaigns.
- Integration of AI-powered ad targeting: With access to Open AI’s algorithms, Microsoft could integrate advanced ad targeting capabilities into Bing. This would allow advertisers to target specific audiences based on factors like demographics, interests, and behaviour, improving the effectiveness of their campaigns.
- More intelligent bidding strategies: With advanced AI algorithms at their disposal, Bing could develop more intelligent bidding strategies that take into account a range of factors, including user behaviour and preferences, to ensure that advertisers are getting the best possible return on their ad spend.
Bing and Open AI’s partnership has the potential to challenge Google in the search market with advanced natural language processing capabilities and Microsoft’s resources, benefiting users and advertisers alike. Improved search results and personalisation could result in more effective PPC campaigns. However, Google remains dominant with a long history of innovation and development. It remains to be seen if Bing and Open AI can truly challenge Google’s dominance in the search market.
No one knows exactly how this will progress in the future especially with Google’s announcement of Bard. However, Bing is confident in their product being much more competitive with Google in the coming months and having greater parity with Google in different markets, for the first time in 20 years.
Meta Advantage+ Shopping Campaigns – How to increase conversion rates – Michael Rey
Meta recently launched Advantage+ Shopping, a new advertising campaign that aims to help businesses increase their sales, and reach more customers by making it easier to sell their products. The campaign is designed to provide businesses with access to the latest digital marketing tools and resources, enabling them to promote products and services more effectively.
One of the key advantages of the campaign is the ability to use Facebook’s dynamic ads, which allow the advertiser to display products to customers who have previously shown an interest in them. This makes it easier for businesses to reach customers who are more likely to buy their products and can lead to higher conversion rates.
Another feature of the campaign is the ability to use Facebook’s lookalike audiences, which enables advertisers to target customers who are similar to their existing customer base. This can help businesses reach new customers who are more likely to be interested in their products and services.
The Advantage+ Shopping campaign offers businesses a powerful set of digital marketing tools and resources that can help them reach more customers and increase their sales. By leveraging the power of Meta’s advertising platform, businesses can improve their marketing efforts and stay competitive in today’s rapidly evolving digital marketplace.
ChatGPT: The Developer’s Ultimate Wingman – Kevin Torres
The question’s been asked – everyone and their cat has been using ChatGPT to do some really cool things, but how can Web Devs use it?
Fret not, because to help you get started, I’m sharing three examples of how ChatGPT can help you become a more efficient Dev!
- Debugging: ChatGPT can help debug code by generating potential solutions to common coding issues, such as error messages or unexpected results. This can help developers identify and resolve problems more quickly.
- Code generation: ChatGPT can be trained on various programming languages and can generate code snippets for specific tasks, such as creating a login form, setting up a database, or creating an API endpoint. This can save developers time and effort, and also provide suggestions for more efficient or optimised code.
- Documentation: ChatGPT can assist with writing documentation, including generating explanations for specific programming concepts, creating tutorials, and writing API reference guides. For instance, this entry that you are reading right now was written completely by ChatGPT!