Mud Australia is a contemporary ceramics brand known for its handmade porcelain creations. Based in Sydney, the company offers a range of minimalist and versatile designs that are both beautiful and functional. From tableware to home wares, Mud’s pieces are designed to enhance everyday living.
Hoping to increase non-branded visibility and increase organic sessions, Mud Australia reached out to OMG in January 2022 to help them realize this goal. OMG put together an SEO strategy focusing on backlink acquisition, content expansion on category pages, and pre and post-migration checks to ensure the optimal performance of the website.
Our Gurus engineered an integrated marketing strategy to establish relevance in the very competitive homewares and dinner wares and build a strong authority across their focus terms. We proposed an elaborate pre and post-migration checklist to ensure that the website will still perform optimally, and also implemented content expansion through the addition of FAQs and optimisation of existing key collection pages. Paired with a targeted link building strategy, we were able to achieve results in 6 months.
Strategy & Execution
- Increased New Users by 57.77% (28,297 to 44, 465)
- Increased Sessions by 68.71% (40,860 to 68,934)
- Increased Organic transactions by 430.56% (216 to 1,146)
- 43% increase in impressions YoY
- 20% increase in branded clicks PvP
- 33% increase in branded impressions PvP
- 16% increase in overall keyword reach (3241 to 3785)
- 16% increase in P1 keywords (287 to 335)
- “Serving bowls” 490.7% increase in impressions (1.64K to 9.69K)
- “Australian pottery” 32.7% increase in impressions (1.83K to 2.43K)
- “Dome lights” 148.1% increase in impressions (665 to 1.65K)
- “Handmade dinnerware” 57.01% increase in impressions (643 to 1.01K)
- “Ceramic dinner plates” (from rank 8 to 5) 110 SV
- “Ceramic light pendant” (from rank 20 to 14) 80 SV
- “Ceramic bowls” (from rank 78 to 15) 1600 SV
- “Australian pottery” (from rank 15 to 7) 720 SV